We’re Hiring an Apprentice Landscaper
The Garden Landscapers is a young and ambitious company creating soulful gardens inspired by nature. To meet growing demand among private clients, we are looking for a motivated and hardworking apprentice landscaper to help drive our company forwards.
The successful candidate will become part of a supportive team, driven by a desire to do meaningful work that enhances the landscape and enriches the lives of our clients. You will display a strong willingness to learn, making a positive contribution to all aspects of the work we do. The company is based in St. Leonards on sea, East Sussex and currently works within a 30-mile radius. The successful candidate must be able to arrive on site for 07.30, or earlier at a convenient collection point (times will vary depending on job location).
Responsibilities and Duties
You will provide support and assistance as required by the wider team, attending Myerscough college for seven, week long blocks across two years to further your development and gain your Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture and Landscape. The right candidate who completes a successful probation period will be shown a clear pathway for growth within the company, sharing in its future success.
– Organising and setting up the site each morning ready for work
– Supplying skilled workers with the necessary tools and fixings throughout tasks
– Moving building and soft landscaping materials from delivery point to point of use
– Mixing mortar, screed and concrete
– Using hand and power tools to move, prepare and fix materials
– Keeping the site tidy and organised
– Adhering to health and safety protocol
– Taking full responsibility for the care of tools ensuring they are kept clean and stored appropriately
– Taking full responsibility for the ongoing organisation and tidiness of the company’s yard and storage unit
– Providing administrative support at the company’s studio during downtime
Qualifications and Skills
– Be motivated, pro-active, energetic, physically fit, hardworking, reliable and punctual
– Be able to work as part of a team and communicate with clients politely and respectfully
– Have a strong desire to work outdoors regardless of weather
– Have some experience of hard landscaping such as brick work, paving or carpentry
– Have some experience of soft landscaping such as planting and laying turf
– Understand the importance of producing work of the highest quality
– Have excellent written English skills
– Have a full clean driving license
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 07.30 – 16.00
Pay: Year One: £10k – £13k depending on the existing skills and qualities of the successful applicant
Year Two: National minimum for age
How to Apply: On application, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org showing how you meet the essential and/or desirable criteria for the role.
Reference ID: Apprentice Landscape Gardener 2022
Application deadline: 16/07/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £10,000.00-£13,000.00 per year